Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Change

You can feel it in the air, the beautiful power of choice. The excitement of the race for who will win. All scandals, repulsive commercials, ridiculous accusations and tyrannous bullshit will be pushed to the side. The importance now is in the effort of the people. The power is in the unification of the parties. The silent fight for the will to want more from your country and those who represent you.

The beauty of the vote is apparent - it is an honor, a right, a chance to be rewarded. Whether you are a voting Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Green Party or Communitarian, the choice is yours.

Decisions will be made today.

Decisions that will affect all of us.

Exercise your right. Vote.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pete Abel said...

Well said. There is a grand sense of power in this exercise; a sense of believing again what we believed when we were 18: "This is my chance to leave a mark on history. I can make a difference." Honestly, I was surprised, once I arrived at the office this morning, to hear so many people say they hadn't gone to the polls yet. Maybe I'm just too crazed about this whole thing to sleep, but I was out of bed at 5 a.m. and at the polling place by 5:55 a.m. I hope others follow your advice -- no matter what their inclination, exercise the right. Do your part. Make your voice heard.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Dirty Bunny said...

I thought about not voting, but then I dreaded the thought of an amendment getting passed in our state. If it lost because I didn't vote, I would never have forgiven myself. Well, it passed anyway, but at least I have the satisfaction that I tried. I was happy, on the other hand, that my democratic vote wasn't wasted.

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home